Friday, December 11, 2009

Changes Everywhere

 

Whoa, what a day!

The day didn't start pretty well. I failed to wake up in the morning for my jog/run. So much for all the meticulous planning! I'm really pissed and disappointed with myself for this laziness! But never mind, I shall keep my spirits high and hopefully, the next time my alarm rings, I would be less lazy... and wake up!! hahaha

The next thing is, you know, after I wrote my last post about how I'm missing my team-mates, I got to see a couple of them today! Unfortunately though, it wasn't a happy occasion. Got news from Fauzan yesterday that Suban, who I can say one of the reasons why Team Alpha is what it is today, was hospitalised. After hearing that, decided to visit him, together with the rest of the team who were supposed to have just finished their night shift. Since the hospital is Mount Elizabeth, I figured that I would meet them over at the hospital itself rather than at station since it would take me lesser traveling time. I arrived about 1 hour early! Well, it's no one's fault actually since we don't know when they will reach there after settling all their stuffs at station. So, meanwhile, I loitered around Orchard Road, ate Cheng Teng dessert @ Wisma (hahaha!) while waiting for them. At about 10.30am or so, I decided to walk over to Mount E. Then Fauzan called me and said that Suban will be discharged in an hour's time and hence they decided not to go. I was like, wtf? I was already at the hospital's lobby! Nvm, since I was very near already, I figured I might as well go visit him myself. And so I went...

Reached his room and saw his mum, and he was lying down on the bed. We exchanged greetings and then he began to talk about his injury. It's actually the muscles at the back which is causing the pain, but when he talked about all the scans and procedures done on him like CT scan, endoscopy and poking a big needle thingy on the chest (or is it stomach) area to draw blood, that freaks me out! And having jabs 20-40 times in 3 days, I understand how painful it could be! Besides that, we catch up on things such as work and other stuffs before I bid my farewell. And then, I went to Orchard MRT to wait for Fauzan cos he said he wanted to go to SPH. I wait and wait... and wait... and wait....

And after 2 hours, he finally came!! Whoa, by then my butt was like so numb after sitting down for so long that I had difficulty walking. It felt kinda like 2111 lecture where the lecturer can go on for the full 2 hours, just that this time it kinda felt worse.. haha.. Within this 2 hours though, I managed to do quite a bit of stuffs. Sitting down near the gate of the MRT station would surely be a target for all the surveyors, or all those requesting for donations. Yes, I donated but luckily no surveyors approached me. Lazy lah to entertain them.. haha! Oh oh, within these two hours, most of what I did was to look at the people walking past by from left and right, or rather to and from all sorts of directions! It's kinda fascinating trying to figure out what is in each of their mind. For example, if this person is walking fast towards the exit, what is he/she trying to catch? Or is he/she late for an appointment? It's sometimes interesting to try and figure what they are thinking.. haha! Oh, and I noticed one thing. There were quite a lot of people with cameras hanging around their necks walking around the station! Some are tourists, but majority doesn't looked like so! Is photography gaining popularity here? I've been thinking to take up photography as a hobby. But one of my friend say it's an expensive past time, with lots of moolah needed to maintain the camera. Plus, with my unsteady hands, I doubt I can take good pictures also.. haha! Ohhh, well....

Anyway, back to Fauzan, we went to have our lunch at Taka first before heading to SPH @ Braddell. Yeah, accompanied him there cos he wanted to put up a notice in the local newspaper to look for someone. Luckily SPH was my former workplace (okay, I only worked there for a day but still considered a workplace right? haha), so I sort of remembered the directions although it was like 3 years ago. I'm quite good with directions okay, don't play play! hahaa.. Oh, that being said, I missed driving lah! Must go find a car one of these to drive before boring school starts again! Anyway, back to the advertisement, listening in to the conversation between Fauzan and the staff there, I now sort of know much more what it takes before someone wanna advertise or put up something in the newspapers! It's not that simple, you know. For instance, to insert the word mother or sister in the notice, you have to provide documents to prove the kinship! And if you wanna mentioned "Late (so and so)", as in the person has already passed away, you then have to provide the death cert!! And of course, different notice sizes or font sizes have different prices per day too! Oh, anyway, I kope a sweet (mentos) from the desk which was of course meant for customers. I love mentos! Cos they are the freshmaker! wahahahaa... After everything have been completed, we walked back over to Braddell station to take the train back home. I alighted at Woodlands and bade goodbye to Fauzan who would be alighting at Kranji. He told me he's not sure when he would be stepping back Singapore again. I say if there's fate, we'll surely all meet again soon. And because of the uncertainty, he gave me about 1/3 worth of the vouchers he just received from SPF earlier in the morning, which could be used at 7-11, cold storage among others, and which amount to 50 bucks! Aww, what a good friend he is! haha.. Thanks bro!

His day probably ends there but not for me. Did you noticed that I alighted at Woodlands, rather than Sembawang? haha.. Yes, firstly I went to Causeway Point to have my lecture notes bound before I put them at my house in Marsiling. It's my sis' house in Sembawang lah, so the room cannot be too messy and occupied with my notes all around. It wouldn't be nice or appropriate then. That being said, I was taking a risk there, since there was no guarantee that I would clear all my modules. But it's all right, if I were to flunk any of my modules, I'll just go back and retrieve the notes again. In the meantime, I'll just have to pray hard.. haha! Anyway, I noticed a peculiar occurrence on my journey to the Marsiling home. It seems that for the last 4 or 5 trips, I have been taking the same feeder bus each time, even though I took at different timings! And how do I know? Cos at the rear exit of this bendy bus, one of the ez-link reader was detached for unknown reasons. It feels kinda strange and creepy to take the same bus you know, but then again, maybe it's just a coincidence! Okay, let's not think too much! hahaha.. Reached house at about 6.15pm, put my notes, rest for a while and watched tv, before leaving and taking another bus back to my home. Reached home at about 8pm and my day ends there.

At this point, I have to say alot of things have changed in the country. The Orchard Road I went to earlier had undergone alot of changes since I've been there. And even the Sembawang Shopping Centre I went to on Thursday for the Care Bears Live show (Yes, went there to accompany my niece), had changed considerably!! It seemed very different now! More like a shopping centre in town! Oh, my neighbourhood in Marsiling had changed too! I was buying a drink at the chinese convenience store at my void-deck when I saw the owner and he recognised me although it has been a while since I've been there! And he pointed to his daughter and asked me whether I remembered her or not. Of course I do! My mum was the one who took care of her when she was still a child, and because of that, my mum commented last time that she looked like a malay, especially her eyes! hahaa... Darn, I miss my childhood days, I miss this neighbourhood! Everyone has grown up, new faces can be seen too! It teaches me one thing though. Time doesn't stand still. What you want to do now, better go and do it. Once time has passed, you can't relive it again. Do what you have to do now so that you don't have any regrets!!

Dear oh dear, this has become too lengthy a post, with more than 1.5k words, and it seems like it has become more of like my life's story.. hahaa! I'm not sure who still reads my blog but if any of you still do, I'm sorry for this long post. I still have lots to update but I guess it's better to leave it to another post.. and I'm very tired to type also.. hahaa.. Till next time then! Have a good weekend! =))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home