The Hangover
Counting down... Exactly 1 week from now, I'll back to school again! Boringggggggggg lah!! haha.. I still wanna slack and play again leh! hehe
Slacking is what I do best. The last weekend though, was anything, but slack! On Friday and Saturday, together with bro and sis, I painted the house! More specifically, the living and dining area!! Yes, the walls and ceilings are now having a fresh coat of paint! Due to the amount of work done, I woke up with muscle aches on both Saturday and Sunday! But I guess it's all worth it. Furthermore, it's only like once in a year I have to do such things. Oh yeah, that reminds me, I have slightly more than 2 weeks before the month of Ramadan (fasting month) starts! And that means HARI RAYA is coming too! Next month, in fact!! Oh shucks, this is too fast!! hahaha
Oh yeah, on Sunday, I was actually planning to take a rest due to the paintings done consecutively the 2 days before. But I got a last minute invitation to join Sam and Yong at Suntec for some stuffs. So, met them at slightly after noon (sorry I'm late -_-), and going through the stuffs (which I will not mention for privacy purpose.. lol), we then head over to Marina Square to buy the tickets to The Hangover! After that, went back over to suntec to have our lunch there, before going back to MS to catch the movie. And after the movie, we went back AGAIN to suntec to get some drinks before WALKING to Plaza Singapura where we chit-chatted at Mac till we decided it's late enough that we should go home. That's how our Sunday was spent -- practically alot of walking! hahahaa
Oh oh, about the movie, it was a freaking hilarious movie, in my opinion! The script was good, the acting were positive. I think it can rival the 40-years old virgin in terms of the comedy! hahaha.. Though it was NC16, some of the scenes totally caught me off guard, especially that chinese/korean gangster part! LOL.. All in all, it was a great movie and I'm giving it 4 out of 5 stars!! You should watch it, but not with a family member though! -_-
Anyway, yesterday night I started to become nostalgic and went through the files I had in my old lappy, which were basically about my poly life. I went through word documents, project files, pictures, conversations up till 3am in the morning. Reading through the chat logs had made me realise 2 things:
1) I was childish and kind of immature especially in the first year.
2) I have sacrificed quite a fair bit towards the people around me -- to maintain, salvage relationships.
While I believe I have improved on point 1 over the last 5 years or so, I have never really change when it comes to the second one. Going by the feedback from my dear brothers on my supposedly last day of NS last year, I have constantly been the same kind of person who agrees to do things just because I don't want to destroy a relationship with the other party, even though I'm not really comfortable doing the things being asked. That has been the story of my life so far. And like what my colleagues told me, I ought to change this aspect of mine. Not because keeping relationships are not worth the effort, but this is for my own good. Like what one of them said, "You have to learn to say No sometimes." Hmmm.....
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home