Thursday, January 01, 2009

Goodbye 2008, Hello 2009!

 

First, and foremost, let me wish all a Happy New Year!

As 2008 bids its farewell, another number comes and greets us. 2008 has been a rather interesting year, with a fair share of excitement, sadness, emptiness and fulfillment. Personally, my life has undergone it's ups and downs during the previous year. The year started brightly then as I continued my period of national service with the alphians. The anxiousness of entering the university on that year never left me during this period. By then, I had already decided on a disruption of my service. At certain times, stress gets the better of me during work as I counted the months before I leave the force. My failure to shoot has also affected me greatly during the ORD-shoot period. I was left alone for a few days towards the end of March as my family went to Melbourne because a relative had passed away.

A day before my birthday, while doing MSK duty, I shed some tears, which I shouldn't have, after receiving an sms from the 'relative' of an ex-teammate. It turned out to be a joke, a cruel one. I was shivering as I relayed the msg to my other team-mates, thinking that it was true. But, alas, it was a 'delayed april's fool' joke as the person in question himself called me. Although I was thankful that it wasn't true, I wished it has never happened. It also made a realise how gullible and rash I can be. Maybe I could have calmed down a little and looked at the full msg but as it turned out, I didn't. I was thankful though to a team-mate who have helped to 'support' me on that night. Without him, I don't know what would have happened to me (still thinking that the news is true).

A day later, I came back to work and a surprise greeted me as my team bought a cake to celebrate my 22nd birthday. It was a pleasant surprise and one that I'll never forget. Thank you guys! In May, my life was rocked when I saw something that I never thought I would see. And instead of hearing any explanation, I was ticked off and the friendship ended. Although I've apologised (for what, I didn't know), it will never be the same again. As much as you have seen my 'true colours', thank god, I have seen yours too. It's no use having similar looks like an actress when you're just a hypocrite. Enough said.

A day of sadness hosted me on 27th July as I bid my farewell to my team, my alphian family. It was very sad day for me (some would have sensed it) to say goodbye to a bunch of people I've shared my joy and sorrows with. My journey with the team ended with a memorable chalet held a few days later, where I had a great chatting session throughout the night till we departed in the morning. Haiz, I miss those guys. Hopefully, I can find time and able to meet them more often this year.

A new chapter in my life begins 2 weeks later, as I started another phase of my tertiary education at NUS. New faces were seen, new friends were made while study stress escalated to a whole new level. A lot of things happened during these few months into uni life, though I'm not going to list them here. My 1st semester concluded a month ago with the traditional examination period.

Life in 2008 have not been all rosy for me and all those around me. I did not meet most of the targets and aims I've set for myself. They were either thrown out due to laziness or my introvert nature. I've sinned too, telling lies where I shouldn't have. On the love forefront, while I'm happy to see a couple of my friends getting attached now, I'm saddened to hear that there were a few that fell out of the L-word. Nothing big happened on a personal scale for this aspect as it has always been a case of putting my studies/career first before anything else. Other than that, whatever happens, is secondary, though I know I'm not getting any younger. Oh well...

It's the year 2009 now. A new year, a new hope, a new beginning! I hope this year brings happiness, smiles and laughters for myself and everyone. For I always believe no earthly possession is greater than having a smile on your face and be happy. 2009 will also be a crucial year for me too as my future depends very much on how well I did for this coming semester of my studies. To put it in a better way, it will very much shape where and what I'll be doing after I completed my studies. It's so crucial that I cannot let my guard down. Nevertheless, even if things didn't turn out as I wanted it to be, then it's all right to settle for another alternative. Just that, I hope my laziness and lack of concentration won't win over me and cause me to regret at a later time.

Normally, I don't make any new year resolutions but for this year, I must make sure I am able to overcome Mr Lazy!! hahahaa... Oh dear, it seems I have bored you with another long update once again. Alright, I think I shall end it here. Wish you all a Happy New Year and all the best to your endeavours this year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home